These 6 days of gorilla and chimpanzee tracking safari in Rwanda is a flawless package taking you for gorilla trekking safari in Volcanoes National Park and chimps tracking and chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe Forest National Park. The trip is the best wildlife encounter exposing you to the closest relatives to human beings in the jungle alongside Kigali City among others. The trip starts and ends in Rwanda.
- Includes chimpanzee and gorilla permits
- Gorilla trekking safari in Volcanoes National Park
- Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner & mineral bottled water
- Round-trip transportation and forest guides
- Services of English speaking driver guide
Day 1: Pick up and Kigali City tour
Upon your arrival at Kigali International Airport (KGL), the driver guide will pick up and transfer you to Kigali for a city tour. You will tour various sites in the city such as the Kigali Convention Center, National Museum, the presidential palace, and the Kigali Genocide Memorial Centre among others. You will have dinner and stay overnight at Yambi Guest house.
Day 2: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest
After a morning breakfast, you will be transferred to Nyungwe Forest National Park in the southwestern part of the country via the rolling hills across Rwanda. You will have lunch en route and reach at the lodge in the evening. You will have dinner and stay overnight at Gisakura Guest House.
Day 3: Chimp trekking in Nyungwe forest – Kibuye City
After breakfast, transfer to the park headquarters for briefing and then hike into the forest to trek the chimpanzees. You will also encounter other animals such as elephants, colubuses, blue monkeys, and many bird species. In the afternoon, go for Canopy walk and then return to the lodge for dinner and stay overnight at Gisakura Guest House.
Day 4: Nyungwe – Volcanoes National Park in Kinigi (PNV)
You will have a morning breakfast and then transfer to Volcanoes National Park in Kinigi via Gisenyi in Ruhengeri. You will pass via tea plantations with spectacular views of the neighboring communities and beautiful sceneries reaching in the evening. You will have dinner and stay overnight at Garden Place Hotel.
Day 5: Gorilla tracking
Wake up early and transfer to Volcanoes National Park headquarters in Kinigi for a briefing about gorilla trekking. At 08:30, transfer to the trekking starting point and then hike into the forest with the leader of the armed guide. You will spend an hour with the mountain gorillas and then descend back to the lodge. In the evening, you may go for cultural encounters and interact with the local people. You will have dinner and stay overnight at the lodge.
Day 6: Departure
Wake up early, have morning breakfast and then return to Kigali for a return flight. After breakfast, trek up to the mountain for another memorable experience with the gorillas or visit Dian Fossey’s tomb, another option is a climb of Mount Bisoke which is topped with a beautiful crater lake.
- 1 breakfast at Kigali Serena hotel
- 1 city tour of Kigali
- 2 Lunch, dinner, and breakfast at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
- Gorilla permits
- 3 nights accommodation
- Airport transfers and assistance
- All taxes on the services
- Bottled drinking water while trekking and in vehicle
- English speaking driver-guide
- Private transport in a 4×4 land cruiser
What’s not included
- Airport taxes
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines
- Gratuities to driver or guides and other conveyance attendants
- Insurance coverage for baggage, accident and trip cancellation or interruption (available at a special low cost group rates)
- International, regional, and local Airfares
- Meals and beverages, other than specified
- Passport, visa fees, and service charges for obtaining visas
- Personal and baggage insurance
- Personal expenses
Important to Note
The deposit is fully refunded if the booking is canceled up to 45 days before arrival.
Balance should be paid 60 days before arrival.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEED