Jinja source of the Nile day trips is meant for those that have a full day to spend before or after their tour. For those that are in Uganda for meetings and conferences, Jinja source of the Nile is another way of spending their spare time as they enjoy the beauty of Uganda the Pearl of Africa.
Why visit Jinja source of the Nile.
Jinja source of the Nile is a point where the River Nile starts its long journey to the Mediterranean sea. By visiting the source of the Nile, you would have seen the source of the longest river on planet earth and also the largest freshwater lake in Africa. There have been controversies about the source of the Nile with Rwanda claiming that The source of the mighty River Nile is in Nyungwe Forest. This is not the case at all since all rivers that originate from Rwanda, Rwenzori pours their water in Lake Victoria and its from Lake Victoria at Jinja that we get to see River Nile separating from Lake Victoria to start its long journey northwards. Peak Cruise safaris organize day trips to go and view the source of the Nile.
How to get to Jinja source of the Nile
Jinja source of the Nile excursion requires driving from Kampala via Mabira forest, roadside markets, tea, and sugar plantations. You may have lunch before taking your boat ride to the exact point of the source. There many boats strategically stationed at the source of the Nile to take clients to the point. This boat excursion takes like one hour and you will have an opportunity to bird on the source of the Nile. Due to the traffic jam on Kampala-Jinja road, one is advised to start very early in the morning so that there is ample time to return to Kampala in time. If you have some spare time, you may as well take a tour in and around jinja to explore more about what Jinja has to offer in terms of tours and excursions. Contact Peak Cruise Safaris and we will take you there.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites Including protected areas mentioned.
- A professional English speaking driver/ guide.
- Bottled water when on safari.
- Fees for activities of tourists.
- Laundry services
- Beverages / drinks of personal nature like alcohol.
- Airport transfers arranged on request.
- Other activity fees that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips for drivers/guides and other staff members.
- International flights arranged on request.
- Domestic flights arranged on request.
- Any other extras not mentioned in the itinerary.
Important to Note
The deposit is fully refunded if the booking is canceled up to 45 days before arrival.
Balance should be paid 60 days before arrival.
Why Book with us?
- Safari Departs any date
- Unbeatable prices
- Authentic safari experience
- Tailor-made safari packages
- Accommodation and meals inclusive
- Professional guides
- Life changing travel experiences