This is a precious way to encounter Rwanda’s wildlife. This is an opportunity to explore one of the places that has been able to reimagine itself in the aftermath of horror. It is so amazing how clean the Rwandan city and the whole country are. Stepping in Rwanda from other African countries will make you feel as though you are stepping into the tidiest pocket of Africa. On your visit there, you will enjoy the clean, calm, and organized environment of this amazing country.
- Park fees are included
- Early morning game drive
- Afternoon boat safari on Lake Ihena
- See the largest population of hippos in East Africa
- Spot the big five, topi or elands, giraffes, several cats, monkeys
- Meals and one bottled water per day
- Safari in pop up roof 4X4 vehicle
Day 1: Visit Kigali Genocide Memorial Centre transfer to Akagera National Park
After your delicious breakfast at your favorite hotel, your professional driver guide will pick you up at 7:30 a.m. Together you will drive to Kigali Genocide Memorial for a two-and-a-half-hour tour. Here you will remember, grieve and learn more about the place where more than 250,000 victims of the genocide were laid to rest.
Get a chance to reconcile the current Rwanda of progress with the Rwanda of 1994. Support the genocide survivors by giving a donation on your visit to this memorial place. Yes, the tour here may leave you struggling for words in tears, it may get you infuriated, destroy your faith in humanity, but Rumara Safaris (SMC) Ltd. assures you it matters a lot. The survivors and victims of this genocide really need your time and support.
This two and a half hour tour will end at about 11 o’clock, you will rest here, relax, and take some refreshments. You will then embark on your three-hour journey to Akagera National Park at mid-day .On arrival to the park, you will check in Akagera Game Lodge for relaxation, dinner, and overnight.
Day 2: Early morning drive and a boat safari later
After your delicious breakfast at Akagera Game Lodge at 7:30 a.m., your driver guide will pick you up for yet another exciting activity, the early morning game drive. Rumara Safaris (SMC) Ltd. assure you, you will have great fun here. Rumara Safaris (SMC) Ltd. would compare your experience here to present unwrapping. The beautiful nature will unwrap its treasures in form of scenic wonders, wildlife such as the big five, topi or elands, giraffes, several cats, monkeys, hyenas, and so much more. You then retire to your lodge for lunch and relaxation.
You will then be picked up by your driver at 4 p.m. to go for a boat safari on Lake Ihena that is also found in Akagera National Park later in the evening. This will surely make the highlight of your tour here. Get an opportunity to sight hippos. These are a must see simply because Lake Ihema has one of the largest population of hippos in East Africa. You will also see large crocodiles that you will find at the shores of the lake, countless water birds for you to watch, and there is also a possibility of spotting a shoebill stock here. Get an opportunity of getting so close to the animals that might be at the lake for water or bathing. Retire to your lodge for relaxation, dinner, and overnight.
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali and visit the art galleries
Early in the morning after your breakfast at 8 a.m. you will set off to Kigali together with your driver. It will take you about 3 hours until you reach Kigali. On arrival you proceed to Kacyrui where you will relax and have delicious soup and sandwiches for your lunch. These are served at the café located in that area. After lunch you will spend the afternoon wondering around the area. This place holds many of Kigali’s great art galleries. Get an opportunity to pay host to many talented artists from all over Rwanda. Spend the afternoon looking through the paintings or perhaps even take one home with you. After all that, your driver will drive you to your lodge in Kigali.
End of trip.
- Airport transfers and assistance
- All taxes on the services
- Bottled drinking water while trekking and in vehicle
- English speaking driver-guide
- Private transport in a 4×4 land cruiser
What’s not included
- Airport taxes
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines
- Gratuities to driver or guides and other conveyance attendants
- Insurance coverage for baggage, accident and trip cancellation or interruption (available at a special low cost group rates)
- International, regional, and local Airfares
- Meals and beverages, other than specified
- Passport, visa fees, and service charges for obtaining visas
- Personal and baggage insurance
- Personal expenses
Important to Note
The deposit is fully refunded if the booking is canceled up to 45 days before arrival.
Balance should be paid 60 days before arrival.
Why Book with us?
- Safari Departs any date
- Unbeatable prices
- Authentic safari experience
- Tailor-made safari packages
- Accommodation and meals inclusive
- Professional guides
- Life changing travel experiences